top of page


Don't let this opportunity pass you by, all Veterans, who have served during a defined period of war and who are in need of assistance with paying for care at home, in an assisted living facility, or nursing home, are eligible to receive this improved pension. Income and assets do not have to be a barrier, contact us to discuss your individual situation.

You served us when we needed you most . . . it is our turn to return the favor!

Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefit

William Morgan

VA Accredited Claims Agent

Accredited By the Department of Veterans Affairs

What is the Aid and Attendance Pension?

The Veteran can receive over $27,000 per Annually Tax Free to help pay for the High Cost of long-term care.

As a wartime married veteran of any branch of the US military, you may be eligible for up to $27,540 of tax-free income per year. Veterans must be fully disabled or over 65 and rely on the assistance of another individual for daily living activities.

The VA Improved Pension Aid and Attendance is a program in which individuals who served in the military during WWII, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam War, or the First Gulf War starting in 1990 to date, are eligible for a special VA pension. The benefit extends to the Veteran's spouse as well as the surviving spouse of a Veteran who served during wartime. Interestingly, the spouse did not have to be married to the Veteran at the time of service. It is also important to note that a common law marriage is recognized for eligibility.

The pension is paid tax free to help pay for home health care, an assisted living facility, and nursing home costs. A family member can also provide home health care, and the Veteran can pay that person for the care given.

If you or your spouse served our country during a period of war, check out your eligibility for this benefit. If you require assistance at home, currently live in a senior retirement community or assisted living facility, or if nursing home care is inevitable, you may be able to increase your standard of living or move into a facility where you can get the care you need.

Fill out this simple contact form or call us at 727-709-0175.

The Program

Making the decision

The VA Pension will provide needed tax-free funds to help pay for the assistance of someone to help with daily activities such as eating, dressing, mobility, toileting, or bathing. The benefit is for all Veterans; however, if the Veteran is over the age of 65, the need for care does not have to be service connected. Mental incapacity due to dementia or Alzheimer's Disease, hip replacements, and even blindness and other diseases of old age may qualify the veteran or spouse for this benefit. Friends, relatives, or professional staff can provide this care at home, in an assisted living facility, or in a nursing home.

What are the 2021 benefit amounts?

A married veteran can receive up to $2,295 per month; a single veteran may receive up to $1,936 per month. The benefit for care for a spouse is $1,518, while that for a surviving spouse is $1,244 per month. These benefits are tax free and do not affect any Social Security payments.

Who is eligible for Benefits?

Veterans who served during a period of war, their spouses, their surviving spouses, or their dependent children. Must have served for at least one day during the period of war, 90 consecutive days of active duty, and honorable discharge.

Need for aid does not have to be service related for those over the age of 65. For those under 65, assistance is available for total disability or for service-related partial disabilities.

General Guidelines

  • Veterans must have 90 days of active service with at least one day of service during a defined period of war.

  • To receive a benefit as a surviving spouse, you must still have been married to the veteran when they passed away.

  • A completed Physicians Evaluation must state that you are in need of an aid or attendant on a daily basis.

  • You must have received an honorable or general discharge.

  • You may receive a benefit to pay for care at home, an assisted living facility, or a nursing home. Care can be provided by family, friends, or professionals

If you have assets in excess of the allowable limits, you may still be able to qualify with proper planning. Call us today to learn how you can benefit from this improved pension.

What to do next?

We can provide you with all the Intake forms necessary to start the application process.

In addition, you should begin the process of gathering the necessary documentation to be filed with the application. Documentation needed will include original discharge papers, marriage certificates, death certificates(surviving spouse), and financial records. Including pension statements for retirement accounts. If you have further questions about your eligibility or the amount of benefit that may be available to you, please contact us by 727-709-0175

Life Settlements: Services
bottom of page